According to the most recent analysis by Emergen Research, the size of the worldwide ethoxylates market was USD 13.23 billion in 2021 and is predicted to grow at a revenue CAGR of 3.7% during the projected period. A major element boosting market revenue growth is the rising demand for ethoxylates in the textile industry as well as in detergents and industrial cleaners.
The best applications for polyoxy ethylene alcohols, also known as fatty alcohol ethoxylates, are in industrial surfactant products and the textile sector. In the textile business, ethoxylates are used to scour, polish, dye, and lubricate materials. These are employed in scouring procedures including the scouring of wool and the boiling off and soaping off of cotton kier viscose. Products are excellent for dyeing cotton and can be used in textile applications as penetrates, wetting agents, and dyeing aids. In recent years, the textile sector has seen tremendous growth, particularly in developing nations like China and India.The Indian Ministry of Textiles reports that from April to December 2021, there will be a 41% increase in textile exports compared to the previous year. China also is the leading maker and exporter of textiles in the world. Increasing ethoxylate use in the textile industry is anticipated to fuel market revenue growth over the course of the projected period.
The principal class of non-ionic surfactants known as alcohol ethoxylates (AE) is widely used in laundry detergents, as well as commercial and industrial cleaners, household cleansers, and cosmetics. These compounds’ key characteristics are low to moderate foaming capacity, quick biodegradation, water hardness tolerance, and improved cleaning of synthetic fibres. Thanks to the range of chemicals and quick surface-wetting agents, it has outstanding detergent qualities. In addition, there are toxicity risks with some ethoxylate goods, and producers are working towards manufacturing more eco-friendly ethoxylate products. Non-ionic surfactants like alcohol ethoxylates are secure to use in cleaning goods.
Some Key Highlights From the Report
· Due to the rising demand for ethoxylates used in the production of agrochemicals, which are used as adjuvants and surfactants in products like fungicides, herbicides, rodenticides, insecticides, and antimicrobials, the agrochemicals segment is anticipated to experience steady revenue growth over the forecast period.
· The increased demand for various industrial applications is predicted to cause the fatty acid ethoxylates segment market revenue to grow steadily over the forecast period. The main application for fatty acid ethoxylates is as a non-ionic surfactant in a range of residential and industrial operations. In the production of textiles, metalworking fluids, and leather, fatty acid ethoxylates are employed as solubilizers, dispersion agents, emulsifiers, fabric softeners, antistatic additives, lubricants, and viscosity regulators.
· Due to the increasing use of ethoxylates in personal care products across the region, particularly in the U.S. and Canada, the market in North America is anticipated to have consistent revenue growth during the forecast period. The demand for personal care goods such soaps, shampoos, toothpaste, and many more is rising as personal hygiene awareness increases, supporting the market’s revenue growth.
· The Dow Chemical Company, BASF SE, Royal Dutch Shell Plc, Huntsman International LLC, Sasol Limited, Clariant AG, Solvay S.A., Evonik Industries AG, Arkema SA, and Air Products and Chemicals, Inc. are just a few of the significant firms mentioned in the global market study.
· On July 1st, 2021, the chemical company Solvey with headquarters in Belgium announced the acquisition of Bayer’s global coating business, which had facilities in Méréville, France, and tolling operations in Brazil and the United States.
Emergen Research has segmented global ethoxylates market on the basis of product type, application, end-use, and region:
- Product Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, Volume, Kilo Tons; 2019-2030)
- Fatty Acid
- Fatty Amine
- Ethyl Ester
- Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, Volume, Kilo Tons; 2019-2030)
- Ointments & Emulsions
- Foam-Control & Wetting Agents
- Lubricants & Emulsifiers
- End-Use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, Volume, Kilo Tons; 2019-2030)
- Household & Personal Care
- Oilfield Chemicals