If you have a friend or family member celebrating a milestone birthday coming up, it can be tricky to find the right way to celebrate! Here are six memorable ways to accomplish just that. Let us help start brainstorming ideas with these one-of-a-kind suggestions!
1. Go Visit a Winery
In many countries, winemaking is an age-old tradition. The wine-making process is time-consuming, but the intimate interaction you will have with the winery owner and their staff makes your visit all the more enjoyable. The winery owner will most likely be pleased to show you how wines are made, and possibly even invite you to taste a sample! Here are some fun and enriching things to do when visiting a winery:
- Take pictures of the different bottles on the shelves.
- Make a wine flight and sample each one.
- Taste it neat, then taste it with bubbles in it (champagne).
- Ask questions about the wines in your tasting glasses so that you can learn more about them! In addition to asking questions, you could also try to predict which taste would be best with your food or mixed drinks.
- Spend time browsing through the wine store.
- Bring your favorite food to enjoy with good wine.
- Visit the vineyard.
- Bring a picnic basket or sack lunch and enjoy it on a lawn beside a vineyard.
- Go to an outdoor concert at a winery.
2. Celebrate at Your Friend’s Favorite Restaurant
Chances are that your friend has a favorite restaurant. Take advantage of this by going there for dinner on the night you celebrate and invite family members, too. Celebrating at a restaurant is a great alternative to having a party at your home.
3. Have a Spa Day
Treating yourself or your loved one to a wonderful spa experience is an excellent way to celebrate. Ask friends, family, and even the birthday boy or girl to join you and enjoy the day relaxing, eating, and being pampered. You may want to consider going for massages, pedicures, and manicures.
4. Take Part in a Local Festival
If you live near a city, there may be a festival coming up. This is a great opportunity to enjoy the day with others who share your love for art, music, and recreation. Festivals often handle security and transportation for visitors as well! Consider taking your friends on a picnic or out for dinner before or after the festival.
5. Go on an Adventure
Hiking, canoeing, and camping trips can be incredibly fun when shared with close friends and family members. Consider taking a friend to a country music festival, an art museum, or an antique store. The memorable experiences you have while on these trips can be just as memorable as the trip itself!
6. Enjoy Music, Food, and Family
Many celebrants like to spend their day playing board games and watching movies with their loved ones. If that is the case, consider having them over for a family-style meal before heading home for cake and presents.
Different people want to celebrate differently, so consider the interests of your friends and family members. When deciding how to celebrate, consider keeping it simple and fun. A simple surprise party can make a friend’s day